Saturday 16 August 2014

Sweet with Heat Summer Tea

Somewhere, somewhere, I have caught a terrible summer cold. Monday my throat was the Sahara, and by Tuesday morning, I felt like I had swallowed a couple of razor blades. I rarely get sick - but this cold knocked me off my feet: coughing, sneezing, sinus congestion, the works.

So for the past week, I haven't craved coffee, but instead, a soothing tea. One of my friends recommended these ingredients as beneficial for a sore throat (thank you Rosemary!) and it's now my go-to drink this week. I omitted the fresh ginger that she recommended, but feel free to add it should you desire. It sounds a little less than appetizing, but I guarantee that a few sips in, your throat will thank you!

Sweet with Heat Summer Tea - for colds
3 tsp honey (I used Canada no. 1 organic)
3 tsp lemon juice (fresh squeezed always preferred, but refrigerated will do)
1 pinch of cayenne pepper (2 if you're feeling adventurous!)
Sweet with Heat Summer Tea - for colds | WhiskCraft Blog
Doesn't it look like a gorgeous lemon drop?

Add all ingredients to your mug, pour boiling water overtop, and stir well. The cayenne may settle out, so keep the spoon at hand, or you'll have a little "surprise ending." 

Enjoy - rest, with lots of fluids and comfort foods ("feed a cold, starve a fever", right?)

Stephanie 

1 comment:

Leave a comment here - thanks!